A reminder to everyone that hurricane season starts on June 1st and ends November 30th. Now is the time to begin reviewing the storm plan with your family and make sure that you are prepared in the event of an approaching storm.
- There are no basic services during or immediately after a hurricane (police, medical fire or condominium staff).
- All building personnel and residents must evacuate in the event of mandatory evacuation order. Therefore, if you elect to remain in your home you will be on your own.
- You should make arrangements to be in a safe place during the storm. After you have made your evacuation plans please advise the Management Office in writing where you will be and how you may be reached.
- Persons with special needs should register with the county office of emergency management for assistance. .
- All items must be removed from balconies and patios. You must secure your own windows, shutters and doors.
- If you have storm shutters, ensure they are latched properly.
- In your absence, please designate an individual to be responsible for the care of your unit in the event of a hurricane.
- Do not leave your vehicle parked in the lower garage level as it may flood.
- Stay tuned to your local news station for the latest weather updates.
Your cooperation on this matter is greatly appreciated. Having a plan in place will help protect you and your property.
City of Miami Beach
Emergency Management Assistance
Miami Beach Hurricane Information Center